The organisation grew out of a single club, Smedley Chapter One Club, which would become the first Toastmasters club. It was founded by Ralph C. Smedley on October 22, 1924, so it is now over 90 years old. Toastmasters International has helped people of all backgrounds become more confident in front of an audience.
Toastmasters International is a non-profit educational organisation that operates clubs worldwide for the purpose of helping members improve their communication, public speaking and leadership skills. It teaches public speaking and leadership skills through its worldwide network of clubs.
Joining The Club
Joining at the club meeting, just fill out a form with your name, address and payment details and we’ll register you straight away with Toastmasters International.
New members pay a one-off enrolment fee of £20 for the members pack, which includes all educational material required to achieve the status of ‘Competent Communicator’, and ‘Competent Leader’ plus the membership fees, which are only £60 every half year.
Newcomers to the club may attend as guests for up to three meetings, thereafter a £5 fee is charged for every meeting.
Once you are a full member there is a structured programme of projects that will help you to achieve your public speaking and leadership goals.
What you get when joining Dunfermline ToastMasters Club
- Full membership of Dunfermline ToastMasters
- Membership of Toastmasters International
- Competent Communicator Project Manual
- Completed Leader Project Manual
- Mentoring throughout your speaking and leadership journey
- A safe and supportive place to practice your skills in Public Speaking and Leadership
- Immediate and constructive feedback on your speeches
- Monthly Toastmaster Magazine delivered to your home address
For further information please feel free to contact us via our contact page on this website. The link is below;